Sunday 4 December 2011

oh hello CHRISTMAS

WE HAVE A TREE. And compared to last years rather flat offering (without many euros to our name, Kakoullis took it upon himself to draw us a christmas tree on paper which we promptly attached to the wall, put presents under and got rather attached to) we have a little plump green 3 dimensional tree. Im so happy about it I resemble a child and yesterday while Kakoullis watched me decorate and then sit triumphant with my efforts, i'm pretty sure he thought I was silly. For him, I dont think the christmas tree, complete with lights and colour coordinated decorations implemented somewhat symetrically and [almost] perfectly placed, are as important as they are for me.

Now, keeping with my meticulous and organised nature, yes I assigned my tree a colour theme [red, white and gold], centering round some gorgeous ceramic snowflake decorations my amazing friend, Miss Sophie Press sent me last year (but they didnt really work well on a 1 dimensional paper drawn tree) from The White Company.

I know it's a little bit loopy, but as our first christmas tree togehter in our first home together, I kinda wanted it to be perfect and exactly how I imagined it in my head. Well, our tree is rather small, somewhat stumpy, but its nonetheless amazing. And there is plenty of time for huge overpowering christmas trees towering above us.

Tree, glittery red baubles, tinsel, lights, snowflakes and a big gold star [which is sort of out of proportion with the rest of the tree but ssssh, we dont talk about that], means one thing....ITS CHRISTMAS!


the ceramic snowflakes [that have that orange/cinnamon christmas smell too]

nothing says christmas like a glittery red bauble!
So all thats left is a trip to marks and spencer for christmas food i.e. a large box of mince pies, ferror rocher, quality streets and terrys chocolate orange [it always comes back to the food] and some presents under the tree and we will be all festive over here on this side of Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment