Saturday 11 February 2012

catch up

Once again it's been a bit too quiet for my liking when it comes to the blog, but unfortunately interesting activities are few and far between. What with the shop opening, christmas, January blues and our long awaited London trip, money to do fun things has been put into other opportunities (such as our shopping budget for London).

As you will all know (because we saw all your pretty faces) we have just returned from England. While it was a close call with my prayers being answered in the form of snow on Saturday night, unfortunately it just meant sitting on our snowy, icy plane for 3 hours at Heathrow, waiting to be de-iced.

That was a bad end to a pretty amazing week. I think this trip was particularly hard; a week is long enough to get back into the swing of London and seeing familiar faces and just as your getting used to the tube, remembered how to top up your oyster card and remembered how much you miss all things English, it's time to leave again.

My week was planned with precision, to opitmise every second and squeeze as many people in as possible, as well as the inevitable shopping trips and food stops. Roast dinner, chinese, full english breakfast and tea and cake were all consumed and H&M was well and truly ransacked. But sssh. We wont tell Harry how much I really spent in there.

And we saw snow. I had been saying for weeks, pre trip, that I thought it would snow on the Saturday night and I couldnt of been more right. 6pm on Saturday, the snow started to fall. Teeny Tiny flakes at first and then suddenly London was a winter wonderland. I love the snow when it first falls; everything looks so pretty tucked under a thick layer of white, even the most mundane things like cars. But I have forgotten how cold it gets in England for it to snow - I couldnt feel my fingers all week.

We are now back in sunny Cyprus with Millie - who was so excited to see us when we picked her up from her doggy vacation. She has put on weight since we left (which we briefly thought was the first signs of pregnancy - but luckily we were wrong - puppies would not be good) and is very happy to be back at home with all her creature comforts. The toys we bought in England were a success and have already been devoured.

So we are back into the routine of Cyprus; sleep, work, walk, cook, clean, shower, sleep. And before I knew it, it was Saturday. Tonight we are going out with my friends from work and boyfriends/fiances etc for Aphro's birthday (note to self don't mention the age.....otherwise she will probably kick me, especially after several days this week at work spent winding her up).

I didnt take as many photographs in England as I'd of liked, but to be honest my hands were too cold to remove from my coat pockets. Heres our trip in pictures.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment