Wednesday 6 June 2012

a birthday

Birthday celebrations never seem to bother me any more. I remember when I was little birthdays were always such a huge thing and I always wondered why mum and dad never got as excited about their birthdays as I did mine. But as I get older I understand. 

Here in Cyprus, 1st of May is a public holiday, which is nice since it means I am guaranteed a work free day for my birthday. But it also means everything is closed, limit options when it comes to birthday activities. So this year we opted for a lazy day which included a walk round Nicosia old town, coffee, a drive to Larnaca for a walk on the beach and dinner - my favourite - chinese. 

Gifts included, some gorgeous fashion and interior design books, Ikea vouchers (my love for Ikea is widely known and ASOS vouchers. 

While this years birthday has only just passed, I am already planning the next; the big 25! I have been longing to go to Barcelona for many years and as Harry has been numerous times, he would be an excellent guide. So I have already started saving for a big birthday trip for 2013. And if my information is correct, Greek Orthodox Easter falls after my birthday, in fact 2 days after. Which means by taking 1 holiday day we can have a 6 day holiday. What an excellent excuse for a birthday trip to Barcelona. 






No comments:

Post a Comment