Sunday 21 November 2010

Welcome to our humble abode

After much cleaning, moving, sorting and shopping, we finally moved into our home away from home on Tuesday night (after one last kebab supper in the village), with freshly washed sheets courtesy of granny and a tavli set on loan. In an attempt to settle straight away unpacking was the aim of the game, and the winner of that one was Harry. Although notoriously good at organization, I appear to be horrendously bad at packing and unpacking. 

Since Tuesday we have well and truly stamped our mark on the place; there's washing on the veranda, camera lenses on the coffee table and turtles in the kitchen. While I would like to give a rational and reasonable explanation for the turtles, I live with harry now and turtles are apparently part of the package. In all honesty I started this - I wanted a goldfish, but according to Harry they are boring, and returning from the bakery with baby turtles is quite possibly something I should get used. While Harry claims they were a present for me, im still annoyed at my lack of goldfish. I will admit, however that the turtles are growing on me. They swim they sunbathe and they are gradually getting used to me and Harry sticking our ugly mugs in their home to see what they are doing. 

So we are about 90% settled; there are some bits of furniture clogging up the living room that the landlord has to remove, throws need to be purchased to cover the camel coloured sofas, we can only get Turkish channels on the television, and further trips to IKEA are needed to deck out this place with frames, cushions, candles and lamps, but we are getting there.

As I said; Welcome to our HUMBLE abode. 





1 comment: