Tuesday 25 October 2011

We made it.

Today is the 1 year mark. And we have made it in one piece. A pretty epic achievement in itself. A year ago today we were on a plane with only 3 suitcases and a whole lot of savings. This is probably the quickest year of my life and I regularly forget that it wasn't just yesterday we arrived.

In a year we have; found a flat, both established good jobs, set up our own business, acquired a dog, been given a car, experienced explosions and power cuts, explored most of the island, eaten more kebabs than I ever thought possible, survived a summer of 40 degrees, accumulated more adidas shoes than I care to count and most importantly, haven't killed each other. YET.

Its not all been a barrel of laughs, homesickness is my enemy and I miss friends, family and BOOTS. But its the price you pay for living on a mediterranean island I guess.

SO, I think we are here to stay. On the checklist for this year.....buy a house, add another dog to the collection, learn to drive, master the Greek language and eat less kebabs.

So just in case you have forgotten us.....here we are in all our glory.













No comments:

Post a Comment