Friday 24 December 2010

Christmas Eve

Ok, so our christmas tree doesn't quite look like this, and there certainly aren't that many presents under it, we do now have two trees. The first, our very ingenious and creative hand drawn number, and the second, a donation from Harry's step-mum, a little green tree complete with red baubles. In an effort to inject a flavour of English christmas traditions into our new Cyprus surroundings, we watched Home Alone last night. I have also attempted to fill our home with christmas treats; nuts, clementines, turkish delight, toblerone and ferrero rocher all adorn our coffee table now and I have been playing christmas music off youtube since this morning (much to Harry's disgust).

While you are all shivering and scoring brussel sprouts, it has been another, apparently unseasonally, sunny day. As I headed into town to do some christmas eve shopping, I barely needed a cardigan let alone a coat. The sun must have gone to my head; I don't know why I thought town on christmas eve would be a good idea, and after about 15 minutes, I gave in and headed home. 

As the sun goes down on christmas eve, I am finally feeling excited about christmas tomorrow, and what santa will bring! It's our first christmas living together, its our first christmas in Cyprus and its my first christmas away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment