Saturday 11 December 2010

Winter's here!

While England has been buried in snow, we have been bathing in sunshine. That's all over now. Yes, you will be pleased to hear winter has finally caught up with us. One of the perks of moving to Cyprus is the weather; drier, hotter and sunnier are all words that my brain enjoys hearing. And while rain isn't my cup of tea, the arrival of colder days is something I'm actually pleased about. I have, up until now been a little confused and decidedly un-christmasy with the unusually high temperatures in our part of the world. But as December 25th quickly approaches, it's actually quite nice that the climate has aligned itself with winter.

So, my flip flops have finally been relegated to the wardrobe, and my scarves are coming out of hibernation. Sunshine is still a daily feature, but so is thunder and lightening; a weather system which scares me to my inner core, and something Harry finds hilarious. So admittedly, squealing as thunder booms and lightening cracks is rather uncharacteristic, but to me it is a natural reaction. Thunderstorms scare me to my inner core. For Harry, however its a picture opportunity, although standing on the roof of our building taking photographs of a storm probably isn't the smartest idea now is it! 

So don't worry, winter has hit us. And if the weather man got it right, there will be snow on the mountains by tomorrow morning. Anyone for skiing!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment