Sunday 9 January 2011

I want it delivered.

So maybe its because in England I am unaware of this option, or maybe its not an option. But here in Cyprus you can get everything and anything delivered anywhere. When I say everything I mean food and when I say anything I mean all sorts of cuisine both local and international. Burger King, KFC, kebabs, Costa Coffee, Starbucks, Wagamama all to your home, office, or party. There is a mentality here which centres around ease. Don't get me wrong the Cypriots work hard but they relax even harder. And whether it's driving instead of walking or getting your coffee delivered to the office, i'm becoming quite fond of this cultural change. 
I did get some funny looks in the office on Friday when I turned down Costa coffee hot to my desk and opted for a home made cup of tea, but I just can't shake off my Englishness entirely can I. 
After a busy day at work and a rainy walk home, getting a hot steamy Wagamama delivered to our door complete with chopsticks and cutlery definitely brought a smile to my weary face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment