Saturday 29 January 2011

rainy season is upon us.

I think it is safe to say, I hate rain. The slightest sniff of drizzle and my mood, outlook and attitude all change for the worse. Maybe it's because I have grown up in England where rain is a predominant feature of life, or maybe it's because I dislike having wet feet and frizzy hair. Either way, moving to Cyprus somewhat eliminated this problem from my life. 

Up until January that is. 

Given that most of December was awash with sunshine and blue skies, I sort of forgot that it is actually winter. While it's safe to say rain is rarity here, since January hit, the rain clouds have appeared we have had our fair share of down pours over the past few weeks. Really serious English style rain. But surprisingly my mood has been unaffected in the most part. Maybe it is because im inside all day at work, or maybe it is because I know the rain wont last. I don't know. 

But with a second wave of homesickness imminent, there is something quite comforting about the sound of rain, and the big grey clouds looming above us. 

It feels just like England!  

No comments:

Post a Comment